Join a mission-driven organization where you will be a hands on Software Engineering leader to a small team. You will drive application design and development, setting a high quality bar for the other engineers on the team. This is a permanent opportunity and is 100% remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Write clean, modular and efficient code on both the back-end (Rails, Java, and node.js) and front-end (React).
- Evaluate new patterns / services using light coding spikes.
- Enhance coding standards, developer documentation, and knowledge transfer to new or less experienced developers.
- Act as a technology expert mentor and coach to other developers on your team and in the organization.
- Design and implement efficient and reusable solutions driving complex web and mobile applications.
- Identify technical debt and refactor code when appropriate.
- Optimize performance of existing and new applications.
- Work closely with product managers to scope and design new features.
- Contribute to architectural patterns and standards for the broader technology organization.
- Identify accessibility and UX risks and drive their remediation.
- You enjoy working closely with product managers, engineers, designers and clinicians on your team to define, estimate and deliver on major initiatives.
- You ensure systems and patterns are well documented and understood throughout the technology organization.
- You stay curious and embrace a growth mindset, mentoring a talented team of engineers.
- 7+ years of industry experience writing production code.
- 5+ years of experience building applications with Rails or similar frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role on a technical team.
- Expert knowledge of React, HTML5, CSS3, JSON.
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL
- 2+ years experience with enterprise Java.
- Experience with node.js
- Understanding of common application security threats and attack vectors
- Ability to write clean, scalable/modular code through Git distributed source control.
- Strong written and in-person communication skills with an ability to mentor and work collaboratively.
- Strong familiarity with agile practices (Scrum, Kanban)