Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28277
Term: 12 months
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Design and develop frameworks and automated solutions that manage configurations and delivery of application and infrastructure artifacts from preproduction through production environments.
- Work closely with both DevOps automation engineers and pipeline developers on a daily basis to design solutions around continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Produce technical analysis on design, construction, deployment and support of scalable software delivery automation solutions.
- Must take initiative and learn new technologies and adapt these tools and technologies in implementing automated solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring of other DevOps engineers
- Bring discipline and standardization to current SDLC practices and evolve them new models as necessary.
- Work with other SMEs, architects, analysts to translate complex requirements into technical solutions
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Configuration Management Tools experience
- 5+ years of GitHub experience, including administration of the tool and engineering for the tool.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Java or Groovy development in creating solutions that enable continuous integration and application lifecycle management.
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills