Grow your career as a Lead Java Developer with an innovative global bank in Jersey City, NJ. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to work onsite 2-3 days per week.
This will be a hands-on technical lead focused on building out strategic reference data platforms. Will take ownership of key projects and components and will be responsible for all phases of the SDLC including analysis and design, development, testing and deployment. Will be responsible for providing technical guidance to junior developers, including overseeing their deliverables, providing architectural guidance, enforcing best practices, and conducting code reviews. Will need to understand system and enterprise architecture concepts and will be expected to understand how all components fit together and affect one another. Will work with a global and diverse team of peers as well as liaise closely with Business Analyst, Production Support, and Infrastructure teams.
• Develop and deliver assigned development projects within agreed schedule, quality and scope expectations
• Participate in all stages of the SDLC within an agile Scrum environment.
• Interact with senior management to define and drive architectural direction
• Enhance/Re-architect existing components to satisfy new performance and scalability requirements
• Provide level 3 (escalation) support for the application
• Ensure all components in the platform are fully compliant with company’s technology standards
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
• 7+ years of application development experience
• Experience leading Java development teams.
• Solid understanding of application infrastructures, including hardware, storage, network, databases, disaster recovery
• Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures and how to best apply them to build optimal software solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare and deliver effective presentation
• Proven experience building scalable, mission critical systems
• Prefer experience working in financial industry
• Java full stack technologies
• RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
• XML/XSD/XSLT and JSON
• Web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
• Modern source control, build and continuous integration solutions
• UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
• Tomcat or Weblogic application server
• Java concurrency (practical experience and good knowledge)
• Rabbit MQ or other message oriented middleware
• Autosys or other scheduling systesm
• Oracle and other RDBMS with strong SQL
• Experience in Cloud concepts and technologies: container build and orchestration, infrastructure-as-code, horizontal scaling
• Experience using - JIRA, uDeploy, SonarQube, TeamCity, Artifactory, BitBucket, Groovy, Maven/Gradle.
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.