Terrific Long-Term Contract to Hire Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Lead Java Developer
Location: Open to Jacksonville, FL or Irving,TX
Term: 6+ month contract to hire
This is a seasoned developer role with 5-10 years of experience. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Be responsible to drive execution, implementation of developing, deploying, maintaining and providing application support and technical oversight for mobile software applications for financial and banking services.
Responsibility will include:
- Formulation of strategies for application support and ensure adherence to security and compliance standards and providing technical guidance to developers and other team members.
- Be responsible for leading daily checks of applications and servers to ensure continuous running and reviewing user comments and propose design changes to the team to enhance existing functionalities.
- Individual will also focus on coordinating remediation efforts and incident resolution for production issues encountered by users and participate in production calls with internal teams to ensure the timely reporting of completed and outstanding tasks for the production environment
Essential Technical Skills
- Java/J2EE and Java frameworks - examples being Hibernate, Struts MVC Framework, Servlets, JNDI, JMS, JDBC, AJAX, WEB SERVICES and GRADLE
- Microservices - Extensive experience in developing Microservices using Spring Boot, Netflix OSS (Zuul, Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix) and followed domain driven design
- Developing new microservices and maintaining existing microservices
- Should have experience using build tools like Maven
- CI/CD - Continuous Integration and Development for Continuous Integration & Deployment of Microservices.
- TDD or Test Driven Development- experience with creating test scripts
- Hands on experience in development not just maintenance
- Experience in NOSQL & expertise in working with databases and Query language
- Good experience in API Development APIgee or API Gateway.
- Experience in Web Services, preferably REST APIs.
- Excellent team player with good analytical, strategic planning and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology
- Experience in affecting large culture change
Nice to have:
- Experience in using build/deploy tools such as Jenkins, Docker and OpenShift
- Experience in Angular/AI/ML
- Knowledge of multithreading programming, Memory Management.
- Knowledge of Content Management System, preferably OpenText TeamSite
- Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Gemfire