Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Front End Developer
Location: Boston, MA; Menomonee Falls, WI
Term: 12 months
- The Lead Developer will spearhead the front end development of the digital properties belonging to the client
- In this new role, you will lead application design, development, testing and deployment as per client Agile methodology.
- Act as technical thought leader and hands-on expert front end developer with security in mind
- Act as internal expert to technology and business groups, enabling and supporting the adoption of cutting edge front end technologies and associated content management systems/digital experience platforms
- Build strong relationships with content authors, marketing execution, technology teams, analysts and developers
- Build, develop and support a high-performing digital experience platform for WFAM
- Demonstrate outstanding drive and focus on delivering new capabilities to WFAM fund operation teams
- Regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Code quality, security and nimbleness are of utmost importance as is the ability to partner successfully with teams across the firm.
- 5+ years of application development experience
- 5+ years of investment industry experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher MIS, CS or other technology related field
- Proven experience working effectively in heavily distributed environment
- Proven experience with Agile application development
- Proven experience with test automation tools like Selenium
- Exhibited experience with designing and developing software applications according to customer requirements while maintaining strong documentation
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the ability to transfer knowledge to key members of the team and act as a value-added resource
- Proven experience of being on-call for support and maintenance issues; able to troubleshoot independently
- Ability interact confidently with counterparts at all levels within the firm
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability collaborate with teams spanning a range of locations
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills