Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Data Management Analyst
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202-1675
Term: 18 months
- Maintain relationships with CIB Data Management Oversight, Application Business Owners and Technology Managers to execute on application documentation and review engagements.
- Lead end to end metadata documentation and review activities, including Data Dictionaries and Data Quality documentation
- Engage DMI DMS Metadata Control Tower to ensure documentation meets Enterprise standards
- Anticipate competing Governance initiatives and provide alternatives to ensure competing needs are met within required timelines
- Communicate internally across multiple audiences, from Senior Leadership to internal DMI partners at the appropriate level of detail to ensure transparency in our metadata documentation and review progress
- Organize and lead companywide initiatives to ensure that data quality is maintained so that data can effectively support business processes.
- Oversee analysis and reporting in support of regulatory requirements.
- Identify and recommend analysis of data quality or integrity issues.
- Evaluate data quality metrics and data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures.
- Identify new data sources and develop recommendations for assessing the quality of new data.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Recommend remediation of process or control gaps that align to management strategy.
- Serve as relationship manager for a line of business.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to senior management regarding assessments of the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Represent client in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies.
- Partner with groups and various levels of seniority companywide to coordinate and drive collaboration on solution design and remediation execution.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 5+ years of financial industry experience
- 3+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 3+ years of data documentation and analysis experience
- 5+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise in data concepts across both highly normalized and relational data
- Experience in Trading / Investment Banking sector of Financial Services
- Knowledge of financial institution data governance requirements, especially those at Wells Fargo
- High experience level with Microsoft Office products, especially Advanced Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Experience with leveraging data for reporting purposes
- Experience with Data Dictionary’s, Data Quality Control Development, Data Concepts in How to use and create data.
- Strong Facilitation/Interaction with business customers in understanding data and sharing this information
- Need to have very strong communication skills to explain and articulate concepts and ideas
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to coordinate, execute, and communicate on large-scale projects and cyclical routines
- Experience with Calibri would be nice to have
- Experience working with SQL or Hadoop would be nice to have
- Trading Products knowledge would be helpful