LOCATION: Thomasville, GA / Remote
Major Department: Digital Transformation
Sub Department: Information Technology
Report To: Digital Products
Work closely with a multidisciplinary Agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected data, enabling us to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities of our enterprise. This role requires deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. The ideal candidate is a skilled data / software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions. They are an Agile learner, possess strong problem-solving skills, work as part of a technical, cross functional analytics team, and want to solve complex data problems and deliver the insights to enable analytics strategy
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture, pipelines and data streams that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that help our business to achieve their goals
- Create data products for analytics and data scientist team members to improve their productivity
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Review and analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure data and analytics services
- Support planning and implementation of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Work as a trusted advisor to IT and business team members
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering in order to improve our productivity as a team
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes
- Partner with business analysts, solutions architects and data scientists to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Learn about machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Sarbanes – Oxley, Safety, etc.)
- Perform other duties which are deemed to be an integral part of the position, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
Essential Job Functions/Requirements
License - Authorization to work in the United States. Valid driver’s license.
Mobility - Ability to move or travel to all areas of office, plants, and company related facilities.
Sensory - Ability to generate written communication, as well as read and analyze correspondence. Ability to use computer, application software, and other office equipment. Ability to perform basic computer operations.
Technical - Must have and preferred knowledge and experience in the following:
- Expertise in SQL and data analysis and experience with at least one programming language. Preferred Python experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space
- Experience in Azure environment and resources, including Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Data Lake Gen2, Azure SQL, Power BI, Streaming Analytics, Azure Synapse and Azure Machine Learning
- Exposure to SAP BI/BW, Cloud Analytics, Business Objects.
- Database development experience using Hadoop or BigQuery and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud database technologies (i.e. Cosmos DB, Neo4J)
- Expert knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Big Data Development experience using Hive, Impala, Spark and familiarity with Kafka
- Advanced level exposure to ML, data science, computer vision, AI, statistics, and/or applied mathematic
- Passionate about Agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation
- Experience working on a collaborative Agile product team
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and learning skills
- Flexibility to changes in work direction as the project develops
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated strong number sense, intellectually curious and willing to adjust position based on additional information
- Strong work ethics; ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
Communication - Speech and hearing abilities that allow the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English (in person and via telephone) and/or other language, if required. Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders, and senior management. Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
Attendance - Ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
Other - Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources. Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, MS, or Engineering preferred
Apply with MATRIX today!