Our client is seeking a Lead Cloud Python Developer for a contract opportunity located in Dallas, TX.
Job Description: The Lead Developer will be responsible for supporting multiple platforms and utilizing a broad range of software development approaches to ensure the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of the data and platforms. The role is expected to develop and utilize relationships with business and technology users to learn the business processes the applications support. They will also play a pivotal role in delivering data needs, identifying and driving documentation and process improvements, performing support activities for Technology Services, and engaging technology and business users for ideas to improve the user experience.
- Drive the maintenance of systems, creation of technical designs, development and deployment of front-end and/or back-end systems, integration of the data warehouse with enterprise applications, and/or implementation of user access controls and data security measures, where appropriate.
- Lead daily operational activities and measure process quality and compliance.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement automation and continuous improvement ideas supporting ITIL-aligned processes to address technical debt.
- Manage the creation and implementation of solutions or enhancements to improve overall company data architecture; conduct research and make recommendations on new data management processes and innovations.
- Engage business users, process owners, architecture, and application teams to define and understand data needs to achieve key performance indicators and service level agreements that benefit company and its objectives.
- Drive creation of policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that mitigate risk and optimize performance in order to ensure data is available, responsive, and achieving business outcomes and objectives.
- Approach development with a test-driven mindset, utilizing well structured unit tests.
- Analyze code for non-standard practices, errors, and security vulnerabilities and present detailed plans to improve and transform the code to optimize performance and ease of use.
- Manage cross-team initiatives related to the platforms supported by the team.
- Apply the value drivers for company to deliver innovative value creation ideas.
- Identify opportunities to increase the adoption and communication of TS processes through training and engagement.
- Participate in agile ceremonies.
- Provide domain guidance to less experienced team members.
- Apply understanding of financial principles impacting the applications supported by the team and contribute to the business case development for new ideas.
- •10-12 years professional experience in a technology or business field
- •AWS Associate level certifications is required.
- •Proven experience in building DevOps data ingestion pipelines, ML model operations on AWS Platform with Kubernetes and Docker containers
- •Proven experience in DevOps automation in the Data and Analytics subject areas (Containerization, API management, Server-less cloud solutions)
- •Experience managing and delivering MLOps initiatives related to the platforms supported by the team.
- •Experience driving the maintenance of systems, creation of technical designs, and development and deployment of front-end and/or back-end systems.
- •Demonstrated hand-on experience with Python programming in Data and Analytics
- •Ability to learn quickly, be self motivated to improve knowledge and tackle new challenges
- •Superior organizational skill, communication skills, and attention to detail required
- •Skilled at creating executive-level communications and presenting to and interacting with leaders
- •Must demonstrate an energetic, hands-on, enthusiastic, results-oriented approach as a team player, capable of adding significant value to the existing team.
- •Must be comfortable sharing ideas and finding innovative ways to resolve challenges.
- •Proven ability to build support among peers and create relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- System availability
- Process compliance
- Data availability
- Data quality
- Data management
- Agile delivery proficiency
- Ticket volumes and trending