Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Lead Applications Specialist
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Term: 9 months
Rate: $58+/hourly, DOE
- Performs application maintenance and updates as specified by vendors and industry standards; work includes use of a variety of management, development and support tools for the various enterprise applications
- Performs implementations, upgrades and enhancements to both COTS and internally developed Treasurer line of business applications
- Provides Tier 1- 3 support functions and issue resolution for assigned enterprise level applications
- Elicits and analyzes requirements of relevant application and project work by participating in design sessions with stakeholders, project managers, business analysts and team members.
- Creates Knowledge base articles describing troubleshooting steps and procedures
- Provides training on application enhancements, modifications and new features including documentation
- May perform special projects, including system integration, software development, workflow configuration, application configuration and application upgrades.
- Analyzes and resolves performance problems including application, database and system related issues
- Demonstrates experience in project management, managing third-party vendors, and results-oriented collaboration among project stakeholders
- Maintains the appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of the Treasurers Office business processes and practical use of assigned enterprise office applications
Additional Job Details:
- Knowledge of current versions of Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL, SSIS & SSRS and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop, server OS and IIS management.
- Knowledge of system design, development, and implementation.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and operating capabilities.
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex application, integration and performance issues, conducting root cause analysis and providing solutions that minimize the impact to the business
- Skill in planning, organizing, and managing projects.
- Ability to recommend and draft standards, policies and procedures that promote a stable and sustainable enterprise application environment
- Ability to effectively train personnel in application configuration, integration and best practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with employees, agencies, vendors, and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Seven (7) years of professional-level application administration and support experience. An equivalent combination of post-secondary education, certification and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field