Job Title: Layer One Network Engineer
Job Location: Remote
Job Description: Looking for a network engineer to support Tier One network development projects designed to automate portions of the design and engineering of transport circuits.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Layer 1 transport and Circuit Emulation
- Define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Provide technical support on legacy platforms
- Provide leadership and oversight for design decisions for project objectives.
- Support develop team who will be focused on developing code for applications for network automation.
- Contribute to development processes as experience allows.
- Define and run tests covering appropriate test cases for any required systems evaluations.
- Open appropriate defect tickets with all necessary descriptive information in the appropriate defect tracking system(s)
- 8+ years of experience working in a telecom environment
- 6+ years of experience working in engineering network design and management of T1, T3, SONET, DACS, ADM, and DWDM networks
Preferred but not required:
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including OSPF, BGP, BFD, and MPLS)
- 2+ years of experience working on layer 2 networks (Layer 2 Ethernet Transport, SyncE and PTP)
- All candidates must speak clear English and show a true desire to not only know Layer 1, 2 and 3 in depth but also a desire to apply themselves and learn new technologies
- Experience working as a Software Developer
- Experience working with PHP
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL
- Experience using common DevOps tools to enhance team performance (Ansible, Jenkins and Git)
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field