Type: 12-month contract
We're seeking a talented Laravel/PHP Web and Application Developer Team Lead to join our growing technical team. This position will contribute to new product development, influence the technical direction of products, mentor, and manage a team of developers while contributing within the full life cycle of development. This includes design, architecture, and collaboration with product stakeholders to deliver high quality scalable code using agile methodologies.
- Lead, mentor, and assist a small team of developers in full stack development
- Conduct 1x1 meetings, manage workflows, track metrics, and conduct performance reviews
- Write clean and maintainable code with good test coverage.
- Implement new features in collaboration with our design team.
- Optimize existing code to perfection with special attention to performance and maintainability.
- Do code review of your colleagues’ work.
- Facilitate day to day lead responsibilities including team support, feedback, open discussions, and time management
- Identify and implement best practices for quality and efficient software engineering
- Hands-on creation of internal web-based tools and driving feature improvements for internal clients
- Driving usability and architectural improvements to our internal web platforms
- Build user Interfaces and internal processes for accessing large databases
- 5+ years of experience with the Laravel framework, and able to work with other related MVC frameworks as needed.
- Professional experience with Bootstrap and JQuery.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Experience supporting security remediation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience