Type: Contract - 6 months - possibility to extend
Location: Remote - New York, NY
Our client, a major pharmaceutical company, is looking for a L3 LAN/WAN Engineer.
- Provides daily design support for Routing and Switching Services in the company's global infrastructure.
- Develop Routing and Switching designs for Day 2 operations supporting identification and resolution for network events.
- Support relationships with key upstream IT delivery organizations (IP Services, application support, etc.).
- Routing and Switching Engineering for Capacity and performance analysis for LAN, MAN and WAN utilization.
- Business As Usual (BAU) network software and hardware maintenance projects to meet Routing and Switching architecture and service goals.
- Support service quality metrics.
- Provide technology leadership to other members of network team
- 802.3 Standards Computer Networking Fiber Optics LANS/WANS Switches – Cisco Catalyst platform (VLANs, trunking)
- Wiring Standards Protocols OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and other related technologies (Multicast, IP Video and IP Telephony).
- CCNP / CCDP skill levels requested
- Documenting engineering
- Low Level Designs (LLDs) associated with the deployment, integration, or decommissioning of client's Network assets with client's oversight
- Maintaining the Service-associated processes and procedural documentation up-to-date and accurate, through collaboration with client.
- Adhere to all client's ITIL-based Standards for Change Management, Asset Management, Incident Management, and Service Request Management
- Comply with all Network Qualification requirements for documenting systems and test results during RFC execution with hand off documentation to compliance teams for network diagram updates as required.
- Comply with all client's requirements for ongoing Training Curricula Standards
- The Supplier’s Program Management team will maintain a pro-active day-to-day working partnership with the customer.
- Supporting client’s global Risk Management and Compliance infrastructure standards in Business Technology
- Meeting Customer knowledge transition and service implementation requirements, including associated critical timeline objectives.
- Requirements gathering and subject matter expert support
- Project Turnover Tracking and Reporting
- RFC Tracking and Reporting