Type: Contract - 3+ years
Location: New York, NY
Our client, a luxury fashion house, is seeking an L3 Engineer.
- Work in close conjunction with the client’s centre of expertise (architects), the service Governance team (Technical Leader and Regional Client Success Manager) and the operations team (Command Center).
- Ensure that the client’s infrastructure and tools used by the team are configured, installed, tested and operational. • Perform necessary proactive sanity checks, using monitoring tools, and respond to alerts in cooperation with the central Command Center.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs log all such problems in a timely manner with the required level of detail, and work on them toward full resolution.
- For complex incidents, troubleshoot, analyze, assign and escalate support calls while supervising the end-to-end resolution (sometimes as a coordinator, sometimes hands in).
- Demonstrate leadership, creativity, and good judgement in resolving a wide range of issues. Drive the team in selecting the appropriate tools, methods, and processes to solve problems.
- Investigate third line support calls assigned, identify the root cause of incidents and problems and challenge client’s third-party providers when needed (WAN, SaaS, etc.).
- Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors when necessary while ensuring that the entire organization remains in the communication loop.
- In cooperation with the Service Governance Team and the Technical Coordinators, conduct monthly reviews of incidents and service requests, analyze and recommend improvements (lower number of tickets, faster resolution).
- Provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all service management systems and/or portals as required.
- Proactively identify opportunities for work or infrastructure optimisation including opportunities for automation or contribution to the Continuous Service Improvement Plan
- Work with the Command centre to improve knowledge, expertise and good practices.
- Oversees more junior team members performing their duties (monitoring, incidents, requests, knowledge management, etc.); if necessary, carry out job duties personally when necessary to ensure highest quality of work
- As a worldwide product referent on predefined technologies, act as a trusted advisor to the NTT and the client’s teams by monitoring vendor roadmaps, screening EoX announcements, proposing replacement technologies and monitoring Security vulnerability announcements.
- As a worldwide product referent on predefined technologies and Technical owner of your regional infrastructure, you act as a liaison officer between all parties to provide proactive technical guidance both internally and externally.
- Proactive sanity checks
- Complex incidents resolution
- Problems resolution
- Change execution.
- Knowledge management associated to above (inventory, ticketing, documentation...)
- Coordination and communication with Command Center’ engineers, governance team, client, and 3rd parties
- Technical and methodology escalation point for more junior Engineers.
- Reporting on infrastructure and service
- Contribution to continuous improvement plans
- Solid years of work experience
- Solid experience of Managed Services
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL processes
- Excellent experience working with vendors and/or 3rd parties.
- Palo Alto
- Pulse Secure
- F5 Any of the above certifications is a plus.
- The MS Engineer (L3) is expected to gain certifications relevant to services supported. Certifications carry additional weight on candidate’s qualification for the role.
- ITIL awareness is mandatory, more advanced ITIL certification can be obtained as part of induction.