Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the world's leading financial institutions in the world, our client is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Role: KYC Onboarding QC, AVP
Location: Tempe, Arizona
- On-boarding QC and Know Your Customer (KYC) AVP is responsible for satisfying the Bank’s regulatory obligations as well as ensuring adherence to all Compliance policies, procedures with regard to Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer.
- KYC AVP is responsible for effective QC operations within the organization; develops and implements operating policies and procedures across functions such as: client identification and due diligence, customer service and quality control standards; conducts and reviews feasibility of new or revised systems and procedures; manages the internal audit process to ensure compliance with organizational standards.
- Day-to-day focus is on resolution of complex problems, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Role at this level has ownership for the on-boarding and KYC processes, reports, procedures, and also considered analytical or procedural expert representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- The AVP must track onboarding requests, re-assessment pipeline and manage assignments as necessary.
- KYC AVP is a member of FloD Control Office KYC Unit and works closely with Relationship Managers (RM’s) and Portfolio Managers (PM’s), Tax Operations and Regulatory Reporting teams, Compliance Division Officers, and with other operations teams.
- KYC AVP is responsible for meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) with various Business Units and for utilizing departmental tracking systems.
- The ideal candidate has experience as an upcoming leader, is an excellent written and verbal communicator, is very computer savvy, and has familiarity with financial institution operations.
- Provide leadership and set local strategy for on-boarding and KYC team.
- Ensure the team is properly resourced to provide a high level of productivity and meet deadlines for new, existing and adhoc KYC files for QC.
- Institute measures that enable the team to resolve QC problems in timely manner while maintaining a high-quality service level.
- Maintain strong working relationship with various stakeholders such as Second line of Defense, Tax Operations and various Front Office business teams.
- Maintain working knowledge of all regulatory obligations and be able to relate them to policies and procedures.
- Play a key role in the development and roll-out of both strategic and tactical process changes.
- Develop and implement appropriate training and continuous development for the team.
- Contribute to the evolution of global and local KYC policies and guarantee team knowledge of any updates.
- Establish and maintain appropriate escalation procedures.
- Determine relevant Key Performance Indicators that enable the effective tracking of productivity, backlog, and any other element necessary for the effective management of the team.
- Produce regular management reporting.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to address new business initiatives, system enhancement projects, and one-off assignments as required.
- 4 years plus of financial institution/banking experience with concentration in documentation and product operations knowledge of end to end workflows.
- 2 years plus of management experience related to the finance industry.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Capable of independently performing complex or varied tasks, coordinating and analyzing data.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Mature approach with excellent and influential communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate frequent interactions with internal customers.
- Ability to recognize risks and make decisions based on sensory data or known guidelines.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions (verbal, written or diagrammatic) with strong detail orientation.
- Solid knowledge of KYC/AML and data governance policy.
- Strong time management, prioritization, work organization and multi-tasking skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management controls.
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you’ll like working here:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts