Role: KYC Institutional Onboarding Associate
- Performing enhanced due diligence for existing high-risk customer accounts including entities and individuals.
- Performing enhanced due diligence for high risk entity applicants.
- Acting as a point of escalation for compliance related questions from support teams.
- Assisting in the ongoing remediation of existing accounts to ensure continued compliance with Know Your Customer requirements.
- Assisting with small and large scale compliance projects as required.
- Working knowledge of AML laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, 4MLD, etc...).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a compliance or investigations role within the financial services or fintech industries.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with G Suite applications, Excel, Word.
- Flexible and adaptable to the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and values.
Nice to haves:
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist Certification.
- Knowledge of SQL and Looker experience a plus.
- Specific experience with cryptocurrency products as a user and/or experience working in the digital currency industry.