Our downtown Chicago client has an exciting opportunity to bring on a Jr. software engineer for an entry level role. This 6 month contract to hire requires candidates to have at least one year of working experience with object oriented programming:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 0 to 2 years relevant experience including programming, testing, and database concepts.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
Knowledgeof at least one commonly used programming language; basic knowledge of all phases of software development, including requirements, design, implementation, support and the product release cycles.
- Good analytical skills, programming, testing, and deployment procedures.
Basic knowledge of Java and J2EE technologies (JSP, Struts, Hibernate, Spring).
- A familiarity with customer service and technologies such as
C#.Net, ASP, Ruby,Python, MSSQL ,Oracle, Windows OS, Eclipse, Git , open source projects.
- Knowledge of formal unit and system testing processes, and source code control.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Also helpful is a familiarity with build and release cycles, change control processes, open source projects.
• Will have strong analytical skills as well as strong communication skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQLServer DTS/SSIS, database and data warehouse design and development, report development, and systems support, SQLServer, SSIS, Postgres, Access Database and data modeling.
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects with a minimum of supervision.