Our downtown Chicago client has an exciting opportunity to bring on a Jr. Database engineer for an entry level role. This 6 month contract to hire requires candidates to have at least one year of working experience with SQL:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 0 to 2 years relevant experience including programming, testing, and database concepts.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of relational databases, SQL language, data manipulation, data analysis, and database design.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems, design and programming.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQLServer DTS/SSIS, database and development, report development, and systems support, SQLServer, SSIS, Postgres, Access Database and data modeling.
- Knowledge of formal unit and system testing processes, and source code control.
- Ability to balance his/her workload and in determining the means for accomplishing assignments, ability to work independently on some tasks, process-driven approach to work and an ability to work under time pressure and in a dynamic environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Basic knowledge of Java and J2EE technologies (JSP, Struts, Hibernate, Spring) a plus.
• A familiarity with customer service and technologies such as C#.Net, Python, Oracle, Windows OS, Eclipse, Git, open source projects.
• Understanding of large scale data collection, knowing buzzwords (CAWI,CATI, CAPI)
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing.