Grow your career as a Java Solution Architect with an innovative global bank in Jersey City, NJ. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to work onsite 2-3 days per week.
• Will drive implementation of technology solution for reference data teams providing crucial data services.
• Will be expected to operate within the parameter-set and in close cooperation with our risk and compliance team to enforce all applicable policies and procedures outlined within technology guidelines, CDO and relevant government laws and regulations.
• Will be expected to embody and enforce culture of effective risk management and compliance and ensure effective execution grounded in sound business and managerial practices and procedures.
• Will work in a dynamic, global team environment which includes developers and developer team leads working with different technologies (such as Java stack, RDBMS, ETL and .NET/UI) and across multiple regions.
• Must have excellent understanding of principles of enterprise architecture and have substantive managerial and hands on experience with modern Cloud hosting platforms and approaches or closely related technologies and techniques for driving Cloud based application migrations.
• Extensive experience with enterprise services and platforms
• Understanding of applicable regulations for financial technology industry
• Hands-on experience with implementation of large scale, highly secure, fault tolerant, DR ready, distributed applications
• Thorough knowledge of enterprise architecture principles and best industry practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Proven track record of successful execution in large scale enterprises
• 10+ years of experience in industry of software development
• 7+ years of experience as Java software developer
• 3+ years of experience writing both REST and SOAP Web Services.
• Senior technical managerial experience
• Strong knowledge of database modeling with hands-on experience modeling complex OLTP and Reporting data stores
• Expert Knowledge of: Threading, Collections, Exception Handling, JDBC, Java OOD/OOP Concepts, GoF Design Patterns, MoM and SOA Design Patterns, File I/O, and parsing XML and JSON, delimited files and fixed length files, String matching, parsing, building, working with binary data / byte arrays.
• Experience in developing distributed systems (MOM and SOA architectures)
• Expert Knowledge of System Design including mentioned design patterns above, and ability to create Architectural Diagrams including UML in tools such as Visio.
• Experience in developing distributed systems
• Up-to-date overview of modern software development tools and techniques
• Java concurrency (practical experience and good knowledge)
• Expert knowledge of SQL (Oracle and PostgreSQL dialects are preferable)
• Solid understanding of ETL and BI technologies and their applications
• Good knowledge of JAX-RS / REST and JAX-WS SOAP Web Services
• Good knowledge of JAXB / XML and JSON
• Good knowledge of both horizontal and vertical scaling of applications (Multi-Process and Multi-Threading).
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.