We are seeking a Java Software Engineer with 3-5 years of work experience to join our Atlanta based team and work with their Agile team and support several of our leading healthcare applications.
For this role, your responsibilities would be to provide:
- First line support of Java based Applications (SprintBoot/MicroServices, JBoss EAP/Fuse, Batch process and UI applications )
- Develop new applications and enhance/improve/support existing applications
- Review software engineering approaches to proposed solutions to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years software development experience including experience in Java/J2EE and Oracle RDBMS, as well as OpenShift/Kubernetes technologies.
- Solid understanding of OOP design.
- Basic skills and knowledge of Java based applications utilizing JBoss EAP, Spring Framework/SprintBoot and Hibernate ORM.
- Ability to navigate the Linux OS by installing, running and monitoring process deamons.
- Passion to learn and support a Spring Boot based micro-service applications utilizing Oracle Database backend and RabbitMQ Message Queue ecosystem.
- Excellent communication skills, due to majority of work being remote and online meetings
- For this role, you should have knowledge of :
- Micro Services
- Spring Framework Open Source Projects
- REST and SOAP based communication protocols
- JSON and XML data formats
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven enterprise experience level with RDBMS and SQL.
This would be a 6 month contract to start (likely to go longer) and ideally we would consider contract to hire. If you are looking to join a top tier technical team work for a strong and growing technology company, this would be a great opportunity for you.