In this position you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of web applications as well as performing a full spectrum of Web related tasks including: rapid prototyping, design and layout, graphics creation and optimization, source code, unit tests, server-side programming (Java/JSP/DB2), testing and training. Working with the latest AJAX technologies (primarily the EXTJS framework) to develop software applications and will also be required to support older web technologies to maintain existing software applications.
- Perform a full spectrum of Web development related tasks including design, application development and optimization, and unit testing.
- Perform server-side programming (primarily Java/JSP/DB2).
- Makes changes, fixes, or enhancements to existing web applications.
- Perform web UI based performance tuning and optimization.
- 2 + SQL Experience with DB2 (or similar)
- Good foundation in Object Oriented Programming and familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Experience in utilizing IDE tools such as Eclipse.
- Knowledge/Experience of using CVS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university is desired.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills are necessary.