Looking for remote work or a new position in Birmingham? We have just the job for you if you are an experienced Java Developer with a background in banking/finance with expertise with large scale applications and in-depth experience in Microservices and Spring Boot.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with an agile team of product owner(s), software engineers, Automation and QA engineers, and DevOps engineers to architect, design, code, test, and operationalize enterprise grade digital banking features accessible via API.
- Create detailed forward-looking technical roadmaps and architectural designs.
- Drive the delivery of new and innovative technology solutions for digital banking.
- Partner with product managers to ensure the end product meets customer expectations.
- Mentor and train other developers on coding practices and standards.
- Maintain a process-oriented culture leading the team in developing software products using agile methodologies.
- Strong experience building enterprise grade, highly scalable (millions of users) Microservices developed in Java
- (8 and above), Spring Boot, Spring Cloud deployed preferably using OpenShift/Kubernetes.
- Strong experience in architecture, enterprise integration and design patterns as well as SOLID principles.
- Strong full stack developer with proven track record of getting things done.
- Proven work experience in designing and developing highly scalable and resilient RESTful APIs using Swagger.
- Expert in two or more Integrated Development Environments (IntelliJ, Spring Tools Suite, Eclipse).
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Professional experience in 3rd party system integrations.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming first principles.
- Professional experience programming in SQL and Microsoft SQL Server skills.
- Professional experience working with version control tools like Git, Mercurial.
- Professional experience working with code repositories like Bitbucket, GitHub.
- Professional experience working with continuous integration build servers like Bamboo, Jenkins, Harness.
- Professional experience with concurrent, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming, event based micro
- services, and CQRS.
- Experience with MuleSoft or other API integration platforms
- Understand and analyze system and SQL bottleneck, good troubleshoot skills
- Evident interest in keeping up to date with technology landscape and state-of-the-art.
PREFERRED JOB SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with containerized application development and knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Experience with production support and work in team environment with multiple interfaces.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Vast knowledge of current trends in the common platform omnichannel architecture and technology