Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer - Capital Markets
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Term: 12 months
- Design, develop and support Regulatory platform capabilities, functions and processes
- Ensure use of the agreed technology/tools and interfaces to ensure smooth integration and platform availability across DEV, SIT, UAT and Production
- Work closely with the business analysts to review requirements to ensure appropriate level of detail is provide to the tech team
- Establish and document best practices around design, development and deployment
- Create relevant SDLC documentation/deliverables as part of standard project implementations (architecture & design documents, deployment diagrams, source code, scripts, any necessary documentation, etc.)
- Work with cross functional teams (Application Development, Business Users, IT security, Middleware/Platform, Datapower, MQ, and Coherence) to evaluate solution & implement high visibility business & technology initiatives
- Evaluate solutions, review system architecture, design and toolsets to achieve project objectives including usability, performance, reliability, monitoring, control, and security requirements
- Proactively collaborate with the managers to identify key solutions for regulatory obligations, risks, risk mitigations and review technical deliverables during the entire project life cycle
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk. Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 4+ years of capital markets experience
- 2+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience
- 5 + years of Core Java experience
- 3+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 2+ years of Oracle Coherence development or implementation experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- 2+ years of experience in microservices development
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+years of Mongo DB experience
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of Kafka experience
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions