Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits! We are looking to fill the position of Java Developer. The Developer will ensure alignment of web design and user requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining consistency across all web pages within the application.
Developer is required to work alongside database developers as well as end users to ensure all elements of the web application are consistent with requirements. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory. This role will be temporarily remote until a return to the office is planned.
- Determining the structure and design of web applications using Java.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance user experience.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining consistency throughout design.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in Java/J2EE application design software development and testing
- 4+ years of Web Services development experience (SOAP REST APIs)
- 3+ years of experience with Spring - Spring MVC is a must
- Hands on experience with ADO GIT, SVN and any other versioning tools
- Working experience in Agile & Scrum environment.
- Working experience with WebSphere
- Experience with Jenkins & SonarQube
- Experience with UCD/UCR and Jenkins
- Hands on experience with ADO GIT, SVN and any other versioning tools.
- Understanding of XML, JSON API & web services technologies and data structure fundamentals
- Experience in Multi thread and Asynchronous programming
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis design and design patterns
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills - team player