Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the world's leading financial institutions in the world, our client is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Role: Java Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28202
Salary Range: $100,000 - $130,000 (DOE)
In this role you will apply your technical expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis. Whether balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders or supporting more senior staff on complex projects, you use data and analysis and apply your experience, judgment, and risk mindset across your responsibilities.
- Provides L1, L2, L3 support for all derivatives systems and Business users (Front Office, Operations, Middle Office, Regulatory Reporting, etc.
- Troubleshoots issues and problems, comes up with clear action plan(s) to resolve such issues, develops, tests and implements the agreed solution into production, following the Bank’s Policies and Procedures
- Acts as IT lead for large projects requiring not only development, but also coordination with other teams, business analysis and testing.
- Partnering with subject matter experts (SME) to translate project objectives and requirements into a detail technical requirement document with timelines, task lists and next steps.
- Works closely with Business users and the Planning team to document, define and track project technical requirements, milestones and deliverables for one or many projects.
- Organizes the work assignments of key technical projects, and communicates to all project participants in a clear and concise way, leveraging JIRA.
- Interacting closely with project managers, internal constituents, and external vendors to deliver the work assigned to the developer
- Liaising with the various vendors to learn their systems, and look for improvements.
- Working on any IB&M initiative requiring the assistance of the developer.
- Always looks for Improvements and ways to better run the business and the platforms.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; quickly learn from existing partial documentation and with minimal guidance; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5-6 years of software development experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in a modern language such as Java, Python, C#
- Experience in the banking or finance industries preferred
- Excellent knowledge of analysis and design patterns
- Experience with major public cloud offerings and how to solution designs that are built around these technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and similar)
- Knowledgeable on SDLC/SCM
- Solid programming skills in Java or C# using Object oriented principles
- Development experience with PL/SQL databases, including stored procedures, database triggers and database packages
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communicator; able to present complex issues and solutions with appropriate levels of detail to diverse (technical and non-technical) audiences
- Broad functional understanding of Fixed Income, Derivatives (IRS, CDS) and Foreign Exchange financial instruments
- 5+ years of experience with application development and support
- Experience in designing data models and structures to store various kinds of data in different formats
- Prefer prior experience working with front, middle or back office teams in a financial institution
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Unix /Linux based environments
- Experience with RDBMS based databases such as Oracle and SQL Server or NoSQL DBs such as DynamoDB.
- Cloud experience, preferably in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Integration of ML Libraries and frameworks to apply in NLP tasks and ability perform statistical analysis and refine data models will be a plus.
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Trained in CI/CD principle
- Trained in DevOps workflow tooling
- Trained on Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to lead teams and influence a large group of people without directly managing them
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc.)
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you’ll like working here:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts