Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28202
Term: 12 months
- 15% in Agile required meetings; 70% development; 15% in analysis and design.
- Support the DCM and ECM teams in Charlotte and NY. They will be apart of a development effort in bookbuilding project integration with DirectBooks. This resource will automate the process of data entering into DirectBooks.
- Serves as a technical resource in finding software solutions in niche domains (defined below).
- Conducts research and resolve problems in relation to processes, and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Analyzes user needs, determine requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains software solutions to meet niche domain (defined below) business requirements.
- Provides technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Creates and maintain process documentation for programs.
- Creates test data, conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Assures quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications.
- Invests effort in learning domain knowledge and becoming an SME for the application and business function supported by the team.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as capital markets, quants, artificial intelligence, machine learning.
- Implements complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and participates to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Assists other team members in advanced software development.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, finance or engineering
- 7+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 5+ years of development experience with Java
- 4+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 2+ years of UNIX experience
- Agile experience
- Ability to work independently within an Agile Scrum Team
- Ability to work independently with given scope and task
- Ability to talk to business, translate requirements and work with business when testing
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- Previous Capital Market Experience
- Agile experience,
- Automation testing
- REST services
- Previous financial domain