Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: New York, NY
Term: 12 months
- Secure Application Development
- Design, develop and maintain solutions to support key business needs
- Build and maintain high-quality, high-performance, scalable software
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to teammates
- Engineer Web Pages, Core Components and Common Services in alignment with development models, languages, and standards
- Produce Design Documents
- Collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments
- Debug and document existing systems through code analysis
- Contribute to Application management activities such as Business continuity, SDLC activities, technical refresh support, critical surveys, analysis, platform releases, patching, vulnerabilities, and system management support for Technology mandates
- Provide application leadership and support to internal applications and integration support to vendor-built applications
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment
- Acts in a lead technical role providing technical guidance and consultation with application teams, clients, and Engineering Managers for their technology domain environments including but not limited to cloud, middleware, operating systems, applications, Software-as-a-Service, and Platform-as-a-Service products. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Provides the strategy and design for projects associated with their technology domain including, upgrades and deployments.
- Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate their technology domain with other technology domains, enabling the creation of new or expanded heterogeneous environments.
- Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures.
- Directs the gathering of performance statistics to assist in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets.
- As an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Leads projects and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain.
- Leads projects and as an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Java and Angular experience
- Technical knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and demonstrated skills in JAVA and Angular.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Financial services background
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills