Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Location: Raleigh, NC (Onsite for the 1st apx 2 months then 100% remote allowed.
We are seeking a Software Developer is responsible for design, development, and testing of software in accordance with our client and industry standards. In addition, the developer will gather and analyze software requirements, resolve application software issues, and participate in other software development tasks.
Essential duties and specific responsibilities -other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop, and test solutions to meet business and technical challenges under limited guidance.
- Maintain existing and develop new application components.
- Create unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Gather software requirements from system users and third parties.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation.
- Effectively communicate and work with system users and peers.
- Resolve application software issues.
- Learn our clients application software and how its business works.
Specialized Knowledge & skills
- Unix, Linux, Windows.
- Fundamental understanding of relational databases, object-oriented design, and MVC architecture.
Requires advanced PC skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting with staff, vendors, and users. Must be able to work independently and effectively under tight deadlines.
Software Developer must have an innate curiosity regarding technical and business issues and two to four years’ proven sound technical judgment.