First Republic Job Title: Item Processing Specialist
Start Date: 5/17/2021
Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Job Type: FTE
What you will do as an Item Processing Specialist:
Responsible for day to day operations in Item Processing. Duties within the department include VOD, FED adjustments, collections, research, daily balancing of inclearings, processing of return deposit items, bank by mail, brinks posting, BofA third party depository posting, support for branch image capture, mobile and ATM Deposit processing, signature verification and general support for preferred banking offices.
- Primary Duties: Be able to cross train and back-up a variety of functions within the department such as VODs, FED adjustments, inclearings, Brinks/Loomis posting, RDI's and legal processes.
- Provide general telephone and email support for preferred banking offices.
- Completion of research requests, subpoenas for records and bank by mail processing.
- Daily tasks includes: Prepping and posting of bank by mail. Monitoring and updating of the research request log and completion and forwarding of research requests and subpoenas for records.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) Adhering to and complying with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, etc. 2) Adhering to Bank policies and procedures 3) Completing required training and certifications 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- Preferred Banking Offices, Facilities/Admin Service Management, Telecom, Accounting, Information Systems
- Loomis, Brinks, OSI, Bank of America, Federal Reserve, Fidelity IFS
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Must have excellent communication and team building skills. Attention to detail and risk management skills required.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must. Familiarity with FED procedures and guidelines as well as a basic knowledge of the inclearing process a plus
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.