our cleint is seeking a ITAM/CMDB Product Manager for a CTH opportunity.
The ITAM/CMDB Product Manager is responsible for processes associated with the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and IT Hardware/Software Asset Management. The responsibilities include but are not limited to planning, designing processes, implementation, communication, adoption execution and continual improvement of CMDB and IT Hardware/Software Asset Management related processes. This individual ensures that the processes are being carried out and executes some aspects of the day-to-day operation of the processes.
- Acts as the Configuration Management Database Product Owner.
- Implement CMDB processes according to best practice frameworks.
- Ensures overall performance and results of the process, Identifies and implements opportunities to better govern the CMDB through continual service improvement. Identifies and manages critical process success factors / KPIs.
- Ensures process compliance.
- Reports process status and progress to peers and executives. Facilitates resolution or escalation of cross-functional issues.
- Partners with Infrastructure teams (Desktop/Server) to ensure the entry and modification of hardware and software assets into the IT Asset Management repository.
- Coordinates with administrators of discovery tools to maintain relationships and accuracy within the CMDB and IT Asset Management (Hardware & Software) repositories.
- Defines, maintains, and updates policies and procedures for effective asset life cycle management (acquisition, deployment, de-installation, reallocation and disposal).
- Defines and works collaboratively to implement process health reporting and dashboards. Ensures CMDB and IT Asset information is up-to-date, accurate, and certified by data owners (Quarterly).
- Experience with the Common Services Data Model (CSDM) and Application Portfolio Management (APM).
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Six years of IT Asset Management experience
- Six years of information systems experience in ITIL principles
- Three years of experience implementing CMDB and IT Asset Management processes
- Deep knowledge of industry best practice frameworks on software and hardware asset management processes and procedures
- Strong understanding of infrastructure hardware ITIL certification preferred IAITAM (CSAM, CITAM) or equivalent certification preferred Experience with ServiceNow or equivalent ITAM tools
- Experience with the Microsoft Products: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies.