Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Basics: Seeking an IT Technical Analyst with experience on large complex project HL7 implementations.
Location: Phoenix, AZ - 100% remote - Pacific time zone
Type: 5-month contract
Rate: $65/hourly, DOE
The IT Technical Analyst III – Integration role is responsible for leading the technical requirements analysis process, developing strong working relationships with business partners, and building knowledge in assigned area of technical expertise.
- Work directly with customers to understand requirements or needs, and actively participate in the development and delivery of a technology solution and its required supporting artifacts.
- Analyze application and/or process workflow, and create data workflows, if appropriate.
- Leads focused discussions to ensure the appropriate level of detail has been defined as requirements are being developed.
- Provides technical expertise and direction to define, analyze, refine and validate requirements, problem identification, and issue resolution.
- Drives and coordinates review sessions, and obtain appropriate approvals to ensure the technical requirements and design solution meets the business requirements.
- Determines scope and resolution of problems and ensures customer/partners have appropriate updates.
- Recognize scope limitations and raise potential scope issues, while supporting the best technical solution design and approach.
- Identify issues and risks and handle them in a manner that mitigates the risks to quality, timeline and scope.
- Works on medium to highly complex projects, multi-year programs or enterprise-wide assignments.
- Manage and deliver project assignments within the established timelines.
- Participation in on-call rotations and/or after hours project activities as directed by supervisor
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Medical, or Business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Requires at least 4 years’ experience as a business, data, or technical analyst.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a healthcare or hospital/medical related industry.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge for evaluating and implementing solutions that require the interfacing of multiple systems, strong project and time management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong database and reporting background are preferred.
- Detailed understanding of one or more of the following data integration standards: HL7, ANSI X.12/EDI, DICOM, EDI engines, and HIPAA transaction sets.
- Extensive knowledge of one or more data integration middleware products and/or technologies such as HL7 interface engine, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM MQ, Managed File Trader (Axway Synchrony MFT product suite preferred), SFTP/FTP scripting, and Cerner Foreign System Interfaces/Open Engine, ConnectR
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building-skills, with the ability to manage up, down and across levels of the organization.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills. This includes the ability to present highly technical concepts, solutions, and issues in a manner business managers can leverage to support their business operations
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrix oriented team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment leveraging a globalized staffing strategy is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Strong command of key productivity applications, such as, Microsoft SharePoint, Access, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio Desired Skills and Experience
- Other valued working knowledge and experience includes:
- More than one SDLC methodology with detailed knowledge of Waterfall, Agile Development, and Scrum
- Test management, test processes, automated and performance testing using tools such as HP ALM
- Source code management and application build and deployment tools (CVS, Rational, Aldon)
- Time management best practices
- Project management methodologies and tools (MS Project) o Development effort estimation techniques
- Keeping technologically current and learning new technologies
- Solid project management fundamentals based upon PMI standards
- Working knowledge of Interface Explorer and UNIX scripting.