REMOTE Direct Hire Systems Engineer, excellent culture and career growth!
- Designs, implements and maintains systems lifecycle management, security, resiliency and performance of production and non-production environments.
- Drives architectural improvements and standardization for the IT environment including choice of networking infrastructure, hardware, monitoring software and associated application infrastructure.
- Provides 3rd tier on-site and/or remote technical support as necessary.
- Provides lifecycle management and capacity planning for infrastructure across the entire organization.
- Plans and remediates security vulnerabilities.
- Provides remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, and Hyper-V.
- Develops and maintains IT documentation.
- Leads disaster recovery planning and testing as required.
- Enforces information security approved industry and internally developed standards.
- Ensures backups strategy and execution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8 years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining technology infrastructure or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments and managing and monitoring Exchange Server 2003-2016, Windows Server 2003-2016 and MSCE Server infrastructure
- Solid cloud based application knowledge preferably Azure
- Solid virtualization and containerization knowledge (e.g., Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Terminal Services)
- Solid knowledge of VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, Palo Alto, OpenVPN, IPSec)
- Solid knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and/or other security related technologies
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!