Title: IT Systems Engineer
Location: Irving, TX 75063
Term: 8 Months Contract
- Designs, implements and maintains systems lifecycle management, security, resiliency and performance of production and non-production environments with no management supervision.
- Initiates and drives lifecycle management and capacity planning for infrastructure across the entire organization.
- Drives architectural improvements and standardization for the IT environment including choice of networking infrastructure, hardware, monitoring software and associated application infrastructure with no management supervision.
- Provides 3rd tier on-site and/or remote technical support as necessary.
- Seeks out and remediates security vulnerabilities.
- Provides 3rd tier remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, and Hyper-V.
- Designs disaster recovery solutions and leads planning and testing activities.
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices for manager.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 4 years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining technology infrastructure; configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments; and managing and monitoring Exchange Server 2003-2016, Windows Server 2003-2016, and MSCE Server infrastructure
- Thorough knowledge of cloud-based application knowledge, preferably Azure
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g. Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix SQL, and Terminal Services)
- Strong knowledge of VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, Palo Alto, OpenVPN, IPSec)
- In-depth knowledge of security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and/or other security related technologies
- In-depth knowledge of networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!