This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 6-12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension) in Los Angeles, CA for an IT Support Technician. This position requires working 100% onsite. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day technical support for all end user hardware and software needs, including employees, contractors and qualified vendors. This position requires the individual to act independently using skills, experiences and training to resolve client issues. This requires hands-on support and remote requiring troubleshooting and assistance over the phone and/or Zoom sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, configure and provide maintenance to corporate devices, including Windows and Mac desktop/laptops, iPhones/Android/iPad devices and related hardware/software.
- Maintain all necessary hardware and software inventories for all corporate devices.
- Process software installation requests, both through manual installation and utilizing automation tools such as SCCM and JAMF.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair corporate devices, including computer peripherals and mobile devices.
- Support and maintain user account information including provisioning of new accounts and new access through security and system groups.
- As needed, during peak support hours, answer helpdesk phone calls to assist clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in an IT technical support role required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ACMT and/or ACiT certification, desirable.
- Due to the role being on-site, proof of full vaccination for COVID- 19 is required; the company will consider accommodations based on medical and religious reasons.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Windows OS and hardware knowledge.
- Apple iOS / Mac OS and device hardware knowledge.
- SCCM and/or JAMF use for centralized management of devices.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proven ability to support virtual desktops and applications (Citrix).
- ServiceNow use and knowledge.
- Active Directory User/Computer Account administration.