Our client is seeking a full-time IT Support Technician in Brook Park, Ohio.
Performs the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of edge of network devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, mobile devices, MACs) and related systems while ensuring all processes and procedures take into account company policy / standards and industry best practices. Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements. Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to desktop or laptop computers, mobile devices, or related peripheral equipment.
- Maintains the functionality and efficiency of computer and user objects in active directory while maintaining correct Organizational Units (OU). Unlocks team member accounts, when necessary.
- Prepares desktops and laptops by imaging devices in preparation for deployment and tests them for proper operation. Maintains an image for hardware set-up. Ensures thin client and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) devices interconnect seamlessly with file servers, mail servers, etc. Sets-up and configures appropriate hardware and software for new team members as primary specialist.
- Responds to moderately complex technical issues surrounding desktop/laptop hardware (e.g. preliminary troubleshoot equipment to resolve issue, replacement of peripheral equipment where issue cannot be resolved) and Microsoft Operating Systems and/or installed software (e.g. basic software corruption) and follows through to appropriate resolution, with consideration given to creating a repeatable process and eliminating repeat problems. Begins to service issues related to mobile devices and the MAC operating system. Delivers replacement equipment, as needed.
- Assists with projects by completing assigned tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assists with adherence to technology policies and compliance with all security controls.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience providing technical support to end users on various devices, operating systems and peripherals Experience in an Enterprise IT group preferred
- A+, MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
- Skills / Knowledge - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Windows Experience - Experience with Windows XP, 7, 8; and Apple IOS
- Systems Experience - HP Printers, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Attachmate Extra, Symantec Antivirus, SCCM
- Varying Equipment Experience - Laptop, Desktop, Wyse Thin Client, MAC