Excellent FTE opportunity for a IT Supervisor of Application Development!
Basics: The IT Supervisor is tasked with planning, organizing, and directing the activities of a team that works with management and business stakeholders to determine feasibility and priority of systems requests, definition of automation objectives, and scope of projects.
Location: Salem, OR
Perks: compensation and benefits program
1. Supervision and Mentoring: Supervise IT employees including assignment and review of staff work as appropriate; develop and complete staff performance objectives and reviews; monitor, assess, and provide staff training; and provide technical guidance and consultation. Monitors and inspects work in progress to ensure continuity and timely completion. Provides on-going feedback regarding levels of performance, and conducts timely and meaningful employee performance evaluations. Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, and performance issues in a positive manner for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit. Develop and implement staff development plans to provide cross training of employees, specific job related training, and provide opportunities for staff flexibility and career growth.
2. Software Application Oversight: Manage a collection of business applications supporting multiple county departments and elected offices. Supervises the technical activities and functions related to developing, maintaining, and improving information technology that meets the operational and strategic business objectives. Monitor software and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. Assess system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair. Organizes, plans, schedules, and manages software development and support efforts. Works with other IT units and service providers to ensure cross-coordination of production changes. Participates in team meetings, communicates status of ongoing projects and/or job tasks, and coordinates work schedule with team for the purpose of maintaining open communication.
3. Governance and Process Improvement: Work with other IT units to implement standards and coordinate the use and application of technology in a manner consistent with established standards. Responsible for reviewing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with technical policies and procedures. Provide guidance in the use of software development best practices.
4. Strategic Planning: Support strategic planning activities of the programs IT Manager by accessing the needs of county application development processes and services. Identification of services or platforms that support department and enterprise requirements by leveraging commercial systems that reduce dependencies on custom software.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related field of study from an accredited institution; AND
• Certification in Application Development or Application Architecture. • Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), or other equivalent project management certifications
• Business Analysis Professional (BA) certificate.
• Two (2) or more years' experience working in an ITIL/ITSM environment
If this sounds like a fit, please apply today!