Title: IT Software Development Technician
Location: Memphis, TN 38125
Term: 9 Months Contract
- Performs complex analysis of data and system, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows, data diagrams.
- Performs all development tasks required to ensure the accuracy of each software program within the specified timeframes.
- Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform required tasks.
- Works closely with management on assigned projects from inception trough implementation ensuring adequate internal communication and user involvement is maintained.
- Analyzes client and customer needs as required and assists in the requirements process, development, and unit testing of simple to moderately complex code.
- Proactively obtains information needed for the successful development of software programs.
- Develops and tests software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress 4GL, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
- completes required documentation as needed to provide a full and clear history of development and changes.
- Investigates issues and develops resolution in a timely manner with a technical author.
- Follows pre-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer services to our clients.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve process to IT management.
- Works closely with project managers to meet and complete project milestones accurately and on time.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in using information systems, technology/computer science experience required
- 3 years working in any part of the software development lifecycle
- 1 year specifically using a software development platform to build or enhance technology solutions
- 1 year specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity and patience
- Understanding of business processes and constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Proven ability to work with a specific software development technology pertinent to the department's needs and goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Major in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred
- Language development courses in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!