Position: IT Software Asset Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Term: 9 months
The IT Software Asset Manager is responsible for building, managing, and improving the organizational IT Software Asset Management Program. They manage and support all activities of Software Asset Management (SAM) including lifecycle management, policy and process management, communication & education, inventory management, procurement, license management, budget, forecast, and disposition.
- Managing daily software related activities
- Developing long term software strategy and goals.
- Developing and implementing procedures for tracking company software assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
- Working with management and vendor management functions to review software resources, expenses, and vendor purchase agreements.
- Establishing procedures for determining software system requirements
- Assisting procurement, financial, and legal departments in analyzing budgets, proposals, and vendor contracts for acquisition, monitoring, and compliance of software assets
- Overseeing development and maintenance of tracking system for all software assets to maintain an accurate inventory and accounting
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards
- Establishing and maintaining linkage with budgeting and procurement processes to track software acquisition, utilization, and retirement.
- Collaborate with management to define cost savings, software compliances and service improvement opportunities
- Prepare and manage IT software budgets
- Ensure audit compliance & readiness
- Drive continuous education & awareness of company policies.
- Strong analytic and organization skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Demonstrated competency of Information Technology contract administration, purchasing, or procurement
- 3 years’ experience with ServiceNow's Software Asset Management Modules
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior management & executive level audiences
- 5 years’ experience in IT Software Asset Management
- Prefer 7+ years' experience in IT Software Asset Management
- Prefer experience in hardware asset management