JOB TITLE: IT Server Administrator II
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts server-related technical assignments and projects for the Information Technology Department under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides server administration duties including configuration and maintenance of Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Oversees server issue resolution, analyzing and providing solutions for Operating System and Database Hardware issues
- Provides Tier 2 and Tier 3 telephone, e-mail, and after-hours support to all sites using various tools
- Provides preventative maintenance, including server monitoring, applying and testing patches, and checking for space limitations
- Handles data requests and extractions
- Analyzes and evaluates current interface configuration, user requirements, and optimizes server topologies
- Provides recommendations to manager on design, layout, and add-on technologies and customizations to Company hardware systems to provide efficiencies to business operations
- Analyzes and evaluates vendor products in hardware equipment
- Writes clear, concise, and accurate documentation and provides training (i.e., work procedures, how-to guides)
- Relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
- May manage medium-sized to large projects as required
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of five years of job-related experience are required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) or a combination of education and job-related experience is required.
- Administration, implementation, and support experience required in TCP/IP WINS, DHCP, SMTP, DNS, wireless, sip, anti-virus, firewalls, NAT, and subnetting.
- Ability to document and evaluate current site server configuration, user requirements, and designs and optimize server topologies.
- Good organizational, time-management, decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Intermediate reading and writing skills.
- Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MOUS); Network, PC hardware, and software certifications (CCNA/JNCIA (preferred), A+, N+, INET+) are preferred.