Title: IT Security Specialist
Location: Memphis, TN 38125
Term: 7 Months Contract
- Detect, monitor, provide analysis and resolution on security incidents across the organization
- Implement appropriate security measures to prevent security vulnerabilities
- Analyzes and resolves security incidents
- Administers various IT security tools and applications.
- Performs analysis of suspected malicious code and other software or programs and provides written and/or verbal analysis to management.
- Assists IT groups and business units as necessary in troubleshooting compatibility issues between security tools and business or productivity programs.
- Analyzes client and customer needs as required.
- Works closely with management on assigned projects from inception through implementation ensuring adequate internal communication and user involvement is maintained.
- Assists management in investigating IT or cyber-security events and developing resolutions.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve IT Security processes and procedures.
- Works closely with project managers to meet and complete project milestones accurately and on time.
- Respond to client and carrier IT risk assessments and audit requests in a timely manner
- Identify gaps/actions in case of non-compliance and work with solution owners to design and implement the appropriate controls
- Track compliance action items, verify evidence, and all actions are closed on a timely basis and in compliance with the control
- Performs project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of IT compliance activities
- Provides knowledge in IT compliance standards and performance criteria
- Prepares audit and compliance reports, analysis and recommendations using advanced writing skills
Experience and Education:
- 6 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 4 years using transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) services or networks, various operating systems, and desktop productivity software
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Knowledge of the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) triad
- Knowledge of Information technology security frameworks
- Knowledge of carbon black protection, Symantec endpoint protection and security information and events management (SIEM) solutions preferred
- Ability to work with networked computers and servers
- Ability to work independently and solve problems as they arise
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity
- Ability to continuously learn new technologies
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to work in fast-paced environment
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- Major in information systems or computer science preferred
- CompTIA Security+ certification, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) preferred
- Experience with network topologies, security and access control tools, encryption technologies and algorithms preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!