Position: IT Security Engineer - Intermediate
Location: Jacksonville, FL (working remotely)
Term: 6 Months
We are looking for an engineer to work on getting the IAM program up and running. You will provide IT Security Engineering, Architecture, Incident Response and Support to the Enterprise. You will design and implement appropriate security solutions following approved processes and procedures. You will lead activities within the IT Security Engineering and Incident Response as part of the Incident Response Center Team.
Job Duties and Essential Functions
- Participate in evaluation, development, and implementation of Identity and Access Management (IAM) program. Serve as subject matter expert for IAM efforts across the company.
- Participate in the evaluation, development, and implementation of security controls based on approved security architectures; perform risk assessments, security compliance audits, vulnerability assessments and / or gap analysis as required.
- Enable workforce, vendors, and customers to adopt Information Security policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and best practice through the Security Awareness program; Develop security awareness program materials and present, evaluate, and consult with business operations to enable secure operations.
- Support senior Cybersecurity and Information Technology management in execution of the overall security mission by participating in the continuous monitoring and development of policies and standards; technical and operations procedures documentation; checklists; user guides; metrics dashboards and reports.
- Perform system administration as required for security systems running various operating systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS, and networking device systems software.
- Participate in formal compliance and posture assessments, including recommending evidence gathering, analysis and validation, documentation, and presenting results to internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management Systems and Architectures
- Knowledge of IT Security theory/practices
- Knowledge of IT Security Engineering principles
- Experience working in Security Operations Centers (SOC) and Incident Response Teams
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management
- Knowledge of IT Security frameworks such as NIST, CIS20, etc.
- Working experience with cybersecurity infrastructure building blocks (e.g. firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM, DNS, routers, switches, load balancers, and anti-malware)
- Experience with securing implementing, and managing systems and networks mixing Windows, Linus, Unix, and Mac OS devices.
- Knowledge of IT Risk theory/practices
Skills & Abilities
- Coordinate and lead efforts among multiple teams to implement IAM efforts
- Strong communication skills with ability to conceptualize
- Ability to work independently and lead teams
- Alert and Log analysis
- Conceptualize requirements into comprehensible models
- Time management skills
- Familiarity with cloud and virtualized computing computing architectures, operations, maintenance, and performance optimization
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives at once
- Business Presentation Skills
- IT Systems Administration
- Knowledge of industry standards such as NIST CSF and 800 series, CIS20, COBIT, etc.
- 3 or more years of combined experience in IT Security Operations Engineering; Security Controls design and implementation, and security systems administration.
- HS Diploma / GED
- Bachelors degree OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of both college and experience equivalent to 4 years (Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology)
- 2 or more relevant technical certifications (e.g. CEH, OSCP, CCNA, MCSE, Network+, Security+)
Apply to MATRIX today!