Position: IT Security Engineer
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Term: 6 Months, long-term
Provide IT Compliance and Access Management (ICAM) support to our enterprise. Design and implement appropriate access management solutions following approved processes and proceudres.
Job Duties and Essential Functions
- Abide by and support IT Security Access policies, standards, and maintain IT Compliance and Access Management team processes, and procedures. Develop and maintain knowledge and awareness of access management related products, trends, and emerging IAM technologies.
- Participate in designing Identity and Access Management processes and procedures and implementing security controls, access management systems and configurations with assistance and/or supervision.
- Evaluate and develop secure solutions based on approved access management architectures; analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks; perform risk assessments, security audits, vulnerability assessments and/or gap analysis as required.
- Review and analyze new design, architecture, software, and change requests for access management, security and/or risk implications.
- Assist in developing and providing identity and access management application solutions. Participate in the implementation of IAM solutions and recommending security controls for departmental and/or enterprise projects.
- Provide identity and access management and security engineering and architecture input and solutions to the access management and Incident Response activities and processes and perform root cause analyses as part of ICAM team.
- Develop data collection plans in accordance with performance metrics to facilitate the review of program effectiveness.
- Present draft results with recommendations to leadership
- Recommend changes/ enhancements to data capture
- Modify data collection results based on customer feedback/reporting needs
- Generate reports (e.g., user, access, compliance, issue) in desired format according to customer timelines
- Performs searches on best practice IAM standards for performance measurement
- Responsible for interfacing with Citizens Management, architecture, engineering, business units and vendor support staff to ensure applications are onboarding and de-boarded in accordance with IT Policies and Standards.
- This includes role and user account creation/deletion, segregation of duties analysis and production support documentation.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots access-related issues and proactively updates procedure/process documentation and suggests and implements process improvements.
- Analyze program requirements against available data and provide meaningful feedback to drive performance improvement
- Ability to articulate technical and business issues and solutions effectively to business or technical staff across organizational layers
- Work in conjunction with Citizens Teams and other project teams:
- Perform independent testing of IAM/ICAM functionality and capabilities
- Develop test plans to evaluate specific functions within ICAM
- Provide assistance with role-engineering when new or changes to applications are introduced and/or when business functions move from one department to another
- Operate within documented processes and procedures for Role-engineering to maintain controls
- Develop process and/or procedures for technology and support the business in documenting business functions, as appropriate
- IT Security Access Management and Compliance Principles
- Desktop and Server operating systems
- IT infrastructure/architecture
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Management
- Information Security services (e.g., active directory, network, firewall)
- Information Security practices
- Agile theory and practice
- Business Architecture
Skills & Abilities
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Describes the tasks used to organize and coordinate business analysis efforts
- Elicitation and Collaboration: Describes the tasks used to prepare for and conduct elicitation activities and confirm the results.
- Requirements Life Cycle Management: Describes the tasks used to manage and maintain requirements and design information from inception to retirement.
- Time Management skills
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strategy Analysis: Describes the tasks used to identify the business need, address that need, and align the change strategy within the enterprise.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition: Describes the tasks used to organize requirements, specify and model requirements and designs, validate and verify information, identify solution options, and estimate the potential value that could be realized.
- Solution Evaluation: Describes the tasks used to assess the performance of and value delivered by a solution and to recommend improvements on increasing values.
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Associate/Technical Degree OR 2 years relevant experience, OR a combination of both college and experience equivalent to 2 years
Apply to MATRIX today!