Position: IT Security Analyst
Location: Columbia, SC 29201
Term: 6 Months Contract
- Responsible to configure, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain network devices/software
- Reviews device logs to ensure best industry practices and standards are maintained throughout the data network
- Using logs, management tools and alerts, identifies, and reports to management any performance or security issues, suspected abuse or misuse of computer or network resources or compromise
- Assist in the design, implementation, monitoring and management of agency’s LAN/WAN/VoIP/VPN/Cellular/Internet connections and systems hardware
- Install, configure, manage, troubleshoot, and repair network devices, software and any other NOC systems and services
- Works with service providers and hardware vendors to upgrade, restore or repair as needed
- Works to reduce outage down time, updating management from start to finish
- Responsible for performance monitoring, troubleshooting, network design changes, upgrades, network protocols, network security, IP management and technical documentation of system configurations and design
- Assists in planning and implementation of network systems
- Monitors network resources to ensure detected problems are quickly corrected
- Uses system software to establish operational baselines and determine network activity under normal circumstances
- Configure and upgrade network management software on Network Operations Center servers as needed
- Supports other resources with end-user network troubles and requests for service. Assists with Move/Add/Change requests, performs trouble resolution and carries out business-related engineering tasks
- Assists with VPN user setup, configuration and trouble resolution
- Assists with cellular devices to include user setup, configuration, trouble resolution and mobile device management
- Ensures consistent communication to manager and management for any suspicious activity, security risks/alerts, outages, deficiencies or concerns
- Maintain accurate documentation of LAN/WAN network hardware (e.g. routers, switches, out of band devices) to include but not limited to: system/port configurations, IP addresses, circuit IDs, code version and topology
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by manager
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Advanced knowledge of Solarwinds, monitoring tools, network administration, including WPM, SAM, UDT and WHD
- Basic knowledge of Qradar, monitoring tools, network administration
- Advanced scripting or development to assist in automation, reports, alerting
- Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.
- Good working knowledge of networking devices, communication protocols and Windows infrastructure including domain administration. Knowledge/Ability to configure, troubleshoot, and repair networking devices (i.e. switches, routers), Windows servers and networking application software. Knowledge/Ability to use software such as packet sniffers, SNMP, and other network performance tools to monitor, manage and troubleshoot a data network. Knowledge/Ability to coordinate with service providers for trouble ticket creation, updates and resolution.
- Works under the general guidance of the Network Operations Center Manager. If the manager is not available will take directions from senior engineer.
- Position has access to sensitive departmental information, must pass background check
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, use a ladder, be able to use basic hand tools and must possess a valid driver's license
- Must reside within a 40 mile radius of work site or be willing to relocate.
- Must respond to calls on Agency provided cell phone 24x7
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!