Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: IT Security Analyst
Term: 6 Month Contract
- Perform extensive research in support of client projects and provide an analysis of results
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Produce high-quality threat intelligence reporting for all levels of readership, including actionable mitigation and detection guidance.
- Conduct briefings as required for a variety of levels of customers as requested (via either phone, video conference, webcast, in-person briefing, or industry conference)
- Analyze technical threat data to extract TTPs, malware techniques and adversary methods
- Develop materials in support of the clients’ and company leaders’ needs, to include: online exposure snapshots, corporate background profiles, and other privacy-centered products
- Perform information triage, identifying true positives for client threat/risks and applying analysis/judgment and determining recommended remediations for client notification.
- Perform proactive surface, deep, and dark web research to identify and characterize new threats to the client base
- Produce actionable intelligence in the form of monitoring alerts, OSINT reports, and client briefings
- Correlate emerging threats (news events) with actual client exposures and risks
- Perform technical threat intelligence research and analysis to respond to client requests for written reports regarding their high priority issues
- Analyze threat data from internal and external sources in a proactive self-directed fashion as well as in response to customer inquiries
- Aggregate results by industry verticals or geographies to aid in developing targeted training and awareness offerings
- Analyze campaign activity and identify customer-specific threats and the lures that are targeting them
- Provide subject matter expertise on cyber threats to support current analytic operations and initiatives
Support and/or lead recurring deliverables and touchpoints (ad hoc or daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and/or annual):
- Security/Incident Alerts
- Intelligence Reports
- Trend and summary reports
- Strategic assessments and reviews
- Client briefings
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with intelligence analysis processes, including Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) and closed source intelligence gathering, source verification, data fusion, link analysis, and threat actor profiling.
- Knowledge of common security controls, detection capabilities, and securing digital environments, including packet flows/TCP & UDP traffic, firewall and proxy technologies, anti-virus, intrusion detection/prevention systems, host-based monitoring, email monitoring, spam technologies, and SIEMs.
- Basic understanding of what information or assets are of value to threat actors and how organizations are breached.
- Understanding of modern technical security controls (i.e., firewalls, SIEMs, IPS, HIPS, web proxies).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5 years equivalent experience
- CEH, CISSP, GIAC, OSCP, and/or SSCP certification preferred; GCTI desired
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!