Position: IT Security Analyst
Location: Columbia, SC 29210
Term: 12 Months Contract to hire
- Evaluates existing and planned technology environments for compliance with information security polices and standards.
- Recommends information security measures and practices in accordance with applicable federal, state and industry policies, standards and best practices.
- Administration of Security Operations Center (SOC) security systems and platforms.
- Ability to tune, configure and implement detection logic in security platforms.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Analyzes security requirements for the management and administration of security technology.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Analyzes general technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Evaluate that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation of tools & services.
- Participates in reviews and updates of security policies, standards, procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Infrastructure support for Security Operation Center (SOC) operations
- Have working administrative knowledge with vulnerability management(Tenable)
- Administration experience with Snare log management solution
- Hands on experience with security log collection and enterprise SIEM solution
- Perform administrative and engineering work on Security Operation Center tools
- Knowledge of security administration in one or more of the following areas of technology: network devices/next-generation firewall, EDR, email protection, data security, privileged user management, PKI system and SIEM
- Automation of repeatable tasks with the help of scripting (Python, Linux scripting or Windows Powershell scripting)
- Developing strategies to improve operational workflow
- Updating security tools on Linux and Windows systems
- Provide recommendations to overall system deployment and design
- Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects
- Write detailed security documentation on technical security assessments, policies and procedures
- Manage customer expectation and attend all mandatory review / regulatory discussions related to the specific project being delivered
- Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs and security controls
- Ability to communication with audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to effectively perform job duties
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Hands-on technical IT and security system administration experience
- Knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to learn and administer new systems and tools
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols, computer/network security, firewalls and system administration.
- Background in INFOSEC operations, vulnerability assessment, and security-scanning tools.
- Expert in Linux and/or Windows System Administration.
- Expert in Linux shell scripting, Windows Powershell, Python, or Perl.
- Experience with storage systems including SAN, NAS etc.
- Significant experience in system architecture and design techniques.
- Knowledge of data center, cloud-based environments, or Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and develop solutions to meet these requirements
- Have relevant industry IT and/or security certifications. RHCE, Security+
- Security certification desired
- 3+ year of IT Security experience with Master’s Degree
- 5+ year of IT Security experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- SANS, ISC2 or relevant industry recognized certifications
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!