Large U.S. based Supply Chain (3rd party logistics) company is seeking an IT Quality Assurance Manager for a permanent and long-term role in their IT department. The IT QA Manager is responsible for all aspects of the software testing process. In this role, you will manage a team of six (6) software testers and will partner with product managers to provide estimates and testing plans for customer implementation projects.
This role is based in Chattanooga, TN and it is required that you are a local resource, within a commutable distance. The company has not fully returned to office, but it is expected that a hybrid schedule with at least 2-3 days in the office each week will be required. Will work normal daytime business hours, Monday-Friday each week. Competitive annual base salary plus 15% bonus is offered for this IT QA Manager position. Travel of up to 25%.
As the IT QA Manager, you will ensure all software changes are tested and approved by you and your team prior to production implementation, following industry best practices. You will implement a software testing methodology to ensure consistent and accurate testing of all software deliverables. Additional duties include:
- Hire, manage, and evaluate performance of the software quality assurance analysts.
- Create and implement strategy, roadmaps, and methodology for the software quality assurance processes following industry best practices.
- Collaborate with product managers to determine testing parameters and specifications regarding budget, timeline, and resource requirements for software quality assurance team.
- Provide accurate cost estimates to product managers for all project related work.
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate, and/or improve the testing process to reduce cost and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assign QA staff based on skill sets and demands of internal and external projects.
- Collaborate with product managers and architects to manage testing environments,
- Participate in requirements gathering for projects to facilitate building and execution of test plans.
- Ensure all software changes are tested and approved prior to production usage.
- Collaborate with applications support teams to identify production defects and create plans to correct issues.
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage third party resources to participate or to augment the software testing processes.
- Create metrics and tracking methodologies to evaluate quality of software deliverables and progress on project deliverables.
- Provide advice, technical guidance, implementation expertise, and training on automated testing tools and processes.
- Ensure all FDA validated systems testing processes are properly documented and maintained.
- Participate in change management meetings to ensure all changes have been tested and approved prior to production implementation.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to implement improvements to quality assurance process across projects.
- Ensure proper and consistent project status reporting to relevant stakeholders with defined metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or related experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing software quality assurance teams required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in software quality assurance testing required.
- Demonstrated ability to implement automated testing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software quality assurance and change management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to improve and implement software quality assurance methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems desirable.
- Familiarity with Transportation Management Systems desirable.