Large Oil and Gas company in Houston is seeking an IT Project Support Specialist for a 12 months+ contract, working onsite at their large Houston facility. As the IT Project Support Specialist, you will work with the Project Team to manage delivery of the Project and provide frontline IT technician services to the project team. This is a client-facing role, where you will be responsible for the end-user delivery components of a large systems infrastructure project.
- Collaborate with Managed Workstation team to re-build W10 image and GPO, ensuring functionality of the environment and deploying to workstations.
- Work with IT Technical lead to identify target user list then develop migration strategy.
- Configure and deploy up to 700 new laptops to end users.
- Ensure application delivery and functionality after the system upgrade.
- Develop QRG’s and training materials for new hardware, in partnership with IT Service Desk.
- Work with IT Project team to identify and deploy end user peripherals for target users.
- Provide Workstation Support for Windows 10, iOS
- Diagnose problems with software configurations and Network (LAN) connectivity issues.
- Work with other IT Support Teams to coordinate resolution of Service Requests
- Configure & Deploy Mobile Devices including iOS and BYOD platforms
- Work with Hardware/Software vendors to facilitate warranty work on company owned equipment
- Work with End User Support team to provide support before, during and after the project.
- 2+ Years’ experience in client facing IT Support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite
- Awareness of IT Service Delivery methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, client relationship skills, detail-oriented
- Demonstrable experience with hardware migrations at Enterprise level
- Working knowledge of Group Policy
- SCCM/MECM experience preferred
- College degree preferred