Very large global Supply Chain company is seeking an IT Project Manager to add to their Supply Chain Solutions organization, focusing on Fortune 500 customers in their AAI (Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial) vertical. This will be a 12 months+ ongoing consulting role with the potential of conversion to FTE.
As an IT Project Manager within the SCS AAI team you will be responsible for the delivery of Customer Implementations and Internal Product Enhancements, which will involve providing day-to-day delivery management and process guidance on project activities associated with large-scale, complex development / deployment projects.
The Project Manager will guide a team of architects, developers, requirements analysts, and testers through the development and deployment process. From the initiation of the project construct phase, the role will interface with various teams to drive the system development process through to deployment. This challenging role will motivate team members to create the solution design, implement, test the changes, and walk the project through release. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Project Manager role. In this role, you will aslo:
- Manage large scale IT and/or supply chain projects from beginning to end with the ability to apply basic project management knowledge to solve business issues and cross-functional coordination.
- Define project scope, charter, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and works with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and meet all business and system requirements. Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met.
- Leverage the expertise of solution teams to ensure project scope is well documented and managed properly throughout the delivery cycle of the project.
- Develop project plans, schedule and work breakdown structure for projects.
- Communicate project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including architects, software engineers, developers and technical leads to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Interact with extended teams to procure necessary infrastructure and tools in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolves issues/conflicts within the project team.
- Ensure adherence to system delivery process guidelines and provides early feedback to project teams to take proactive measures to resolve the issues.
- Adhere to change management processes during the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for ensuring that all business deliverables are identified and accounted for in the project plan with responsibility and due dates.
- Manage the identification, documentation, and traceability of business requirements.
- Investigate and document complex business processes.
- Coordinate the input and approval of various project design and decision documents.
- Provide guidance and support during execution of change management activities.
- Develop milestone reviews for the key milestones and ensures the team is on track to deliver.
- Track business resources and identify any shortages based on project plans.
- Align cross-functional business and technical teams to help ensure alignment of goals and to help resolve conflicting priorities.
- Assist Workstream Leaders in managing multiple efforts simultaneously across a broad range of functions, business and organizational units.
- College degree in Computer Technology or related subject.
- Experience leading supply chain implementation projects. WMS highly desirable.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Planview.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Adaptable to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create detailed, well-written documentation for a variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding of all phases of the application development lifecycle.
- Manhattan SCALE experience is preferred