Title: IT Project Manager (Infrastructure)
Highly efficient IT Project Manager (infrastructure experience mandatory). Oversee planning, execution and support of multiple projects. Take ownership, drive and ensure the successful delivery of tasks (on time and budget), with adherence to best practices, quality standards, accepted PM methodologies and with a high level of client satisfaction. Manage all aspects of assigned projects from initiation to close including planning, designing, developing, testing and implementation. Will also support assigned projects with project initiation and resourcing. Must be self-motivated, engaged and a team player with a proven track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams.
TASKS / EXPECTATIONS
- Work with a focus on implementation, most of the procurement for this project has been satisfied.
- Manage and support projects including the development of business cases, project plans, resource management and deliverables.
- Create and execute project work plans, revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks and set stakeholder and team member expectations.
- Ensure project management methodologies are followed by the project team and apply project standards.
- Develop and track key project milestone deliverables and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Create and deliver status reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Ensure projects meet success parameters, business case targets and are prepared for engagement reviews and QA procedures.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Participate in coaching, mentoring, motivating and the coordination of project team and contractor performance.
- Influence others to take positive action and stay accountability for their assigned work.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience facilitating strategic infrastructure and data center projects.
- Experience in end-to-end process analysis.
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure, ITIL, Lifecycle methodologies (Agile and Scrum preferred).
- Manage Dell PowerFlex solutions, Citrix NetScaler and other related tasks.
- Proficiency producing detailed status reports and analysis
- High level skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project.
- Manage internal teams and vendor partners as well as external “peer” PM’s.
- Align with culture and contribute to core purposes, mission, values and goals.
- Process oriented, detail oriented, critical thinker, highly visible and consultative.
- Lead others for high performance, function as an influencer and negotiator.
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and relate technology solutions to business problems.
- Strong understanding and experience in the area of Risk Management.
- Proven interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in a hybrid (insourced / outsourced) IT environment with strong vendor management skills.
- Prioritize tasks as needed in a fast pace, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to shift urgencies, demands and timelines using project / data analysis, collaboration and utilizing SME resources.
- Exceptional communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build consensus and decision making through influence as well as diffuse friction should it arise.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field (equivalent work experience will be considered). Advanced training or certifications such as MS or MBA, PMI / PMP, Project Engineering are desirable.