Our client is seeking a IT Project Manager for a long term contract opportunity in Dallas, TX!
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of IT projects. You would use project management skills to define project deliverables, identify resource requirements, provide reporting structures and ensure projects are delivered with quality while they are completed within budget, on time and in scope.
A background showing 5-7 years managing multiple ERP projects an/or non-ERP applications covering the below mentioned areas is required and considered key for this role.
* Managing a multi-disciplinary team across functional work streams including: background in oil and gas is desirable with experience with BI with software implementations
* Proven experience managing implementation projects with task/work responsibility shared across multiple system integrators
* Proven experience leading ERP implementation projects and/or business process re-engineering projects
* Team player that is respectful to team with ability to follow our process and adapt style to work within IT PMO framework
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop project scope, goals and deliverables
* Create and assist with the creation of project charters, work breakdown structures, project plans, and managing the implementation of chosen technology solutions to meet or exceed project goals.
* Responsible for overall coordination and stability of project oriented work efforts, including working with the team to help frame up requirement and design workshops, the fit/gap analysis process and through project testing and deployment
* Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, ability to track project budget and produce forecast with project owner, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations
* Integrate project plans and schedules to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies and major milestones
* Build project budgets and track project expenses
* Manage risks and issues logs for project
* Track project communications, meeting minutes, and major decisions
* Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity from beginning to end
* Works on strategic, complex projects that have enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise in sales distribution, materials management and treasury processes
* Maintain professional communication and working relationships with project stakeholders and team members (including C-level business stakeholders)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proficient in Microsoft Project, plus if used Project Server or Project Online
* Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques
* Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing processes
* Provides input and supports planning and prioritization for business process engineering related activities, including developing the business unit process engineering plan and integrating that plan with the corporate plan
* Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements
* Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions
* Project Management - 5-7 years required
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in ERP/SAP or 7 years application software upgrade / implementation project management
* Active Project Management Professional PMP certification
* Experience with a formalized PMO structure and PPM tool such as Microsoft Project Online is a plus
* Concise and diplomatic communication skills