Position: IT Project Manager
Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, 19422
Term: 12 months
- A project manager typically has to manage the customer requirements, the project finances, the project's life cycle, stakeholders and risks, the project team itself, the compliance to standards, rules and regulations and to develop further business opportunities while driving the project implementation. As such, an IT PM.
- Assumes standard project management responsibility, typically along the milestones of IT projects outside the PM at the company’s classification of projects, very often referred to as internal project management.
- Completes IT performance studies in the assigned field.
- Plans the implementation of IT application or infrastructure systems and proposes implementation plans, including make-or-buy studies.
- Verifies or develops system specs and test requirements for modules under development, and/or for vendor products.
- Supervises the programming activities; checks the results and milestones.
- Leads or performs implementation projects and ensures proper in-design of capacities.
- Completes the Software/Hardware quality checks through testing sequences. Ensures required quality gate checks.
- Maintains system specifications, ensures training and communication to end users.
- Reports to and is accountable to project sponsors or steering committees
- Typically leads and advices IT Professionals and/or technicians.
- Project Managers with a curriculum fulfilling the classification attributes of the company can and should be mapped as project managers in the Job Family "Project Management".
- The same applies to the role of Project Management Office (PMO) as a supporting function to the project managers. Volume (significantly influenced): 100 KEUR to 5 MEUR p.a. "Sub Project Manager" Local / Regional Process Improvement Projects (small to medium) Facilitates the execution of project/program solution plan for clearly defined sub-projects or sub-programs.
- Responsible for delivery of results for the respective process steps.
- May guide technical or administrative staff. Acts as a functional process resource on projects or programs.
- Contributes to continuous improvement plan.
- May perform active role in maintaining functionally focused client relationships. Higher level: Primarily intra-organizational contacts; external contacts occur in the frame of client projects.
- Lower level: Primarily intra-organizational contacts. Caution: FTE Project Management rarely exists in these level - most often Professionals, partly accountable for planning and accomplishing (parts of) project - based assignments. 1-3 years thorough professional know-how in one Sub Job Family, based on practical experience and theoretical foundation. Focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base.
- Application of knowledge in increasingly both broader professional and managerial context.
- Basic level of professional judgment competence.
- Improves processes within specialized area. Impacts team results.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!